Friday, September 20, 2013

Fire Writer Friday - AJ Nuest



Cowboy Marvin has been listening to our Written Fireside story and was curious to learn a little more about the 

To appease my curious goat those who have authored a part of the round robin story have kindly agreed to stop by, one each Friday, and answer his questions. 




Stopping by this Friday is










Howdy Ms. Nuest, I'm so happy you came to visit.

Are you a night owl or early bird? 

Early bird all the way... which is weird because I'm married to a night owl.

Married to an Owl?  Cool.  In my experience they hang out in the barn rafters and catch those dirty rats after my sweet oats.  Good to have around.  So tell me, Batman or Robin, who would you be?

Robin.  He's much more fun than Batman.  Not so serious.  
And I love to say, "Holy time warp, Batman!"

Goats are always up for a good time, just saying.  Where was I?  Oh yeah if you traveled to the big city would you take a taxi or a limo if they were the same price?

Plush leather seats, a mini bar and all that space? A limo for sure. Besides ,I can't remember the last time I was in a cab that contained breathable air. They always reek. LOL.

Leather?  That makes me uncomfortable for some reason but if the mini bar has Applejack I'm there.   Moving on, the last song you listened to was? 

Good Time by Owl City -- it totally revs me up.

You really have a thing for owls don't you?  How about your taste in movies, do you like scary, comedy, romance or adventure?

Adventure (preferably of the fantasy/sci-fi kind) with an element of romance.



I think this must be common among humans.
Serenity is watched a lot at my people's home. 



Tell me what season do you like best, Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall? 

Fall! I love sweater weather. It's the best. Plus the apples are in and my daughter and I can make fresh apple sauce. YUM!

APPLES! I love apples.  They are crispy and juicy and sweet, nom nom nom.  Oh excuse me I got carried away.  Would you tell me a place you've never been to but would love to visit? 

England/Ireland/Switzerland/Germany -- pretty much anywhere in the UK.


Stonehenge, 

Newgrange, 

Chateau de Chillon,

and Neuschwanstein Castle

all would be awesome to visit but you'd have to cross an ocean to do so which brings me to me next question.  


Would you swim in the ocean or a pool? 

Neither. I like my bodies of water hot and bubbly and in the tub.

Are you taking about a hot spring?
  
Oregon has quite a few. I've heard they're relaxing. 

How would you go camping - sleeping bag under the stars, tent, trailer, fancy RV, or a hotel with room service?

Well, the last time I went camping was in an RV, however I LOVE tent camping. I love it. Tent camping for me, hopefully with a screened top so I can still watch the stars!

Yes ma'am there is nothing like sleeping under the stars. I do so often.   

One last question.  A goat walks through your door right now wearing a cowboy hat.  What does he say and why is he there?

Just like all the other animals in my life, he's there to eat. 
He walks up to me and repeats, "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom" until I sit back from the laptop, walk over to the cabinet and give him a cookie. He then curls up with the two dogs and two cats near my feet and joins their mid-morning nap.



Do you have apple cookies?  

Oatmeal is good too.
  
No reason, just curious. 

 You live in Indiana right?





AJ Nuest wrote for Written Fireside August/September For Clara Part 5 and Part 11.  Her latest book, She's Got Dibs is available on Amazon.  


True love does not exist…or so event planner Tessa Adams learns the day she gets jilted—twenty-four hours prior to walking down the aisle. One-night stands are much easier, and with sexy philanthropists like David Brenner, how can she resist? Now if she could just get rid of him. Had she known the biggest event of her career would be working for David’s father, she would have cut and run. Instead, she’s unwittingly become a part of his parents' plan to destroy his life-long dreams. Will sacrificing her love protect him or be the ultimate betrayal?

Wealthy and gorgeous, David Brenner seemingly holds the world in the palm of his hand—his generous heart and infectious smile are just two in an endless stream of attractive qualities. But the one thing he wants, he can’t have—a repeat of the passionate night he spent in the arms of a skittish Tessa Adams. His family’s far-reaching power threatens to crush their dreams. 


To prove his love, he would risk everything…but will the return of her ex-fiancĂ© be their final undoing?


Excerpt:

“Dibs.” He extended his hand.
Frowning, she accepted his greeting. “Dibs on what?
“No.” He chuckled. “That's my name. Or well, actually, my nickname. Either way, it's what everyone calls me.”
“O-o-okay...” The guy definitely had the smolder covered...and those incredible ice-blue eyes. Yikes!
“And you are?”
“Oh, Tessa Adams.” She laughed.
“And everyone calls you...?”
Her frown returned. “Tessa.”
“Oh.” He scanned her face. “No nickname, huh?”
“Not that I recall at the moment.”
He pressed his full lips together as if restraining a smile, eyes twinkling with merriment, and handed her the notepad. “Here's your confirmation number. The room's at the Waldorf Towers over on Park.”
Two suites at the Waldorf? In this mess? What was he, a wizard? “Wow, great. Thanks so much for the help.”
“Glad to be of service.” He retrieved his briefcase and started down the corridor, abruptly stopped, and peered at her over the perfect slant of his shoulder. “And don't worry, Tessa, I'll think of a good nickname for you.”
She offered him a blank stare. “Hey, knock yourself out.”
Mischief danced along his lips before a grin broke free and he continued down the hallway.
“What a whack job,” she muttered.


She’s Got Dibs, won 1st Place in the Contemporary Category, 
Heartland Romance Authors, Show Me the Spark! Contest, 2010 
and received a “highly recommended read” from  


About AJ:

Born in northern Wisconsin as the middle child of three girls, I now call Northwest Indiana home, along with my loving husband, two beautiful children and several pets.

Contrary to the cliche "middle children are always ignored", I preferred a solitary lifestyle growing up, and would often disappear for hours with either a book or journal, happily content behind my closed bedroom door. I can't remember a time when I didn't write. Either poetry, song lyrics or a daily diary entry, jotting down my thoughts has always come naturally to me. Each year I found a blank book waiting beneath the Christmas tree, and after I left home for college, I bought them myself.

Early on I knew I would need to get bumped around a bit before starting a writing career. So I spent the years working as an Executive Assistant in several different fields, experiencing all the fun (and heartache) a single girl can have in the big city. Soon after, I met my husband, got married and started a family, moved to Indiana and together we started a business from our home.

My days are now filled with assisting my husband, and when time allows I write, once again happily content to be left alone with a book or journal - only now my journal is a Toshiba laptop. The rest of the time I'm busy gardening, cooking, fixing boo-boos, attending sporting events, tutoring, chauffeurring, cleaning, doing laundry, and snuggling.




You can follow AJ on TwitterPinterestFacebook Goodreads  
or on her Blog.


Thanks for stopping by AJ! 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...