Friday, September 27, 2013

Fire Writer Friday - Charlotte Phillips


Cowboy Marvin has been listening to our Written Fireside story and was curious to learn a little more about the 

To appease my curious goat those who have authored a part of the round robin story have kindly agreed to stop by, one each Friday, and answer his questions. 


Stopping by this Friday is









Howdy Ms. Phillips, I'm so happy you came to visit.

Are you a night owl or early bird? 

Neither really. I don’t do early mornings and late nights kill me. If I really had to pick one, I’d go for early mornings - sometimes if I’m up against it I get up early and that first hour on my own can be more productive than double the time later in the day.

I often am up before the rest of the herd too, it's very productive.  I get my choice of brush. Tell me, Batman or Robin, who would you be?

In my working life, Robin. I’m a very supportive person, quite organised and I’m great at following orders. In my family it’s different. DH likes to think he’s Batman, but the kids and dog know it’s me!

Your husband thinks he's the Caped Crusader?  That's odd.  I though it was Jolly Llama.  Hmm.  Anyway, if you traveled to the big city would you take a taxi or a limo if they were the same price?

A limo! Who would choose a taxi?? The idea of sprawling in luxury with champagne on ice works for me.

 Sprawling in luxury would be awesome.  Do you think they'd spread fresh straw inside?  It's so comfy.  



You should try it.  

Moving on, the last song you listened to was? 

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. He is my guilty pleasure. I love all his stuff.




Notice how handsome men & certain goats 
wear black cowboy hats?  




How about your taste in movies, do you like scary, comedy, romance or adventure?

A mix of scary and adventure. I love a good thriller. My favorite film is Jaws, such a classic. 



Favorite film recently is Argo - funny, gripping and brilliant.





In my house the DH is a massive fan of sci-fi and tries to convert me but I prefer gritty reality to aliens.

Goats are all about gritty reality.  We are very down to earth.  Tell me what season do you like best, Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall? 

Fall. I love the smell of bonfires, soups, stews, Halloween, and the odd gorgeous sunny crisp day on which you really need to walk a dog to fully appreciate it.

Seriously a goat is way better than a dog and we love to go on walks, especially when there is tasty brush to munch along the way.  Would you tell me a place you've never been to but would love to visit? 





There are so many - I've only ever been out of the UK on package holidays to the Med! I would have to say New York. It’s on my bucket list.




This goat prefers the country where there is more good stuff to eat.  Have I mentioned my love of blackberries?  The whole plant is delicious.  



So tell me would you swim in the ocean or a pool? 

Pool. I have this thing about swimming in the sea - all I can think is ‘what the hell is in here with me?’ I blame my father for letting me watch Jaws at age 11.



Personally I hate getting my hooves wet but I love to play and a slide is tempting.

How would you go camping - sleeping bag under the stars, tent, trailer, fancy RV, or a hotel with room service?

Hotel with room service. I don’t do creepy crawlies or communal toilets/showers. I like fluffy towels and luxury!

Room service?  That's where someone brings food to where you bedded down right?  I get that at the barn.  Good stuff.  



One last question.  A goat walks through your door right now wearing a cowboy hat.  What does he say and why is he there?


"Howdy! Hand me that WIP and I’ll get you right out of trouble!"(spoken in Texan accent for some reason). 
He could be the WIP Fairy, of whom I am in dire need at the moment!


Charlotte Phillips wrote for Written Fireside August/September - For Clara Part 6 and Part 12.  Her latest book, Did Someone Order Room Service? Do Not Disturb Book 2 will be published on Oct. 3rd and is available for pre-order now on Amazon.  


The second in her Do Not Disturb series for Harper Impulse. These are a series of standalone funny, sexy stories linked by the same backdrop – a luxury boutique hotel in London.

Did Someone Order Room Service?

Game. Set. Match.

Has American Tennis Pro Matt Stanton finally found his match in uptight hotel employee Layla Jones? Checking into the hotel to escape the fallout from his most recent media scandal, Layla could be the perfect distraction from staring at four walls and watching Pay Per View. But for her own reasons Layla detests all things celebrity and winning her over won’t be as easy as he thinks.

About Charlotte: 

Even as a child I loved stories. When I wasn't reading them, I was making up my own, usually with myself as the heroine. I started out with the Famous Five, then in my teens I discovered Sweet Dreams - my first encounter with category romance. I re-read 'The Popularity Plan' by Rosemary Vernon until it fell to bits.

Eventually I graduated to Mills & Boon novels. I have always loved the sheer delicious happy-ever-afterness of them and as a student in my early twenties I dabbled with writing my own story. It was never finished, and I did nothing with it until a couple of years ago when I stopped work to have my youngest daughter and I found time to dust off the manuscript. I finished it and sent it off to Mills & Boon .
It was finally rejected after two rounds of revisions but I was spurred on and soon after that I entered Mills & Boon's global writing competition New Voices 2011. I never believed I was in with a chance and no one could have been more shocked than me when I ended up in the final 4.
After the competition, I was lucky enough to be offered the chance to work with a Mills & Boon editor on a new story, developing my skills as I went along. That story was my debut novel 'Secrets of The Rich & Famous'. When it was finished Mills & Boon RIVA offered me a contract and to my absolute excitement it was published in December 2012. Since then, I have continued to write books for Harlequin KISS/Mills & Boon RIVA.
I've continued to experiment with my writing and I am so excited to also now be writing shorter-length contemporary sexy stories for Harper Impulse, a brand new romance imprint from Harper Collins. The first of three linked stories, 'Your Room Or Mine?' will be published on the 9th May 2013.
My writing is fueled by tons of coffee and years of daydreaming during my string of office jobs. All my books are the kind I love to read - funny, engaging it-could-happen-to-you stories and if they brighten someone's day, that's good enough for me :0)

I live in Wiltshire, England, where I squash my writing in between looking after my family, who have been taught not to notice that I'm rubbish at housework. I also have a bit of an addiction to American TV shows and timesuck social media games and it's really a miracle I get anything done at all. 


You can follow Charlotte on Twitter, Facebook, Website 
or on her blog.


Thanks for stopping by Charlotte!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...