Friday, January 17, 2014

Fire Writer Friday - Erin Lawless

Cowboy Marvin loves listening to the Written Fireside stories and is having great fun learning a little more about the Fire Writers  

Graciously, those who have or will author a part of the round robin story have agreed to stop by, one each Friday, and visit with my curious goat. 


Stopping by this Friday is







Erin Lawless     







Hello Ms. Lawless, it is lovely to meet you.

Let's get right to it, are you a night owl or early bird? 


Night owl! I reach my proactive peak at about 8pm. There have unfortunately been instances where I've used precious annual leave to take time off my 'day job' in order to write, and I don't write anything decent until the evening anyway - what a waste!



Interesting.  I get up, ahhh, at the, ahhh, crack of dawn and I'm, ahhh, bright eyed and, ahhhhh.... 



Well, I beat the rest of the herd to the field anyway.



Moving on, who would you be, Batman or Robin?







I think I'm going to have to go Robin. He's much more colourful and much less miserable - even though he's an equally tragic orphan.







I don't understand humans fascination with colorful costumes.






Would you take a taxi or a limo if they were the same price?

Having spent so long living and working in the heart of London, I must confess that I roll my eyes every time I see a limo. They are rather ostentatious. I'd hate to be inside one and worrying that everyone outside on the pavement thought I was a pillock! So I might have to go taxi. 

They can be glamorous too - my friend got married before Christmas and we, the bridal party, travelled from her home to the church in beautiful, flower-decked London taxis - only white, instead of black!





Elegant. 



However if you'd like an adventure, try a goat taxi.  


Goats always deliver a good time.




So now, what was the last song you listened to? 






Haim, The Wire.

















Lovely song but the video made me cry.








What about your taste in movies, do you like scary, comedy, romance or adventure?





I'd watch an Indiana Jones film - that's all four genres!




Excellent, I enjoy romantic adventure myself.



Have you seen Goat Rider?  

Chains, fire and fur, it has it all.








What season do you like best, Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall? 


Autumn, always. 
I love the colours and returning to my signature look, dresses with black tights and boots, chunky knits and funky scarves! 

Also it always reminds me of buying new stationery for school - one of my favourite times of the year!

Okay, I understand the appeal of Autmum, lovely colors and blackberry leaves abound, 
but boots?
I don't get that, not at all.


Would you tell me a place you've never been to but would love to visit?

My experience of America is Disney World several times - amazing, but I'd love to explore more of the so-called 'Deep South'.

I'd also love to visit Las Vegas one day, but I've always been waiting until after I'm married, for fear my other half and I would have too many drinks 





and think it a great joke to stand up in front of Elvis...






Pretty lights but I don't see any green stuff to munch so I'll stick with the Pacific Northwest rainforest where a goat can keep his belly nicely full.




Would you swim in the ocean or a pool? 

I'll have to go pool. I'm a bit of a wuss and I always feel as if the sea is really dirty, and the sea-bed is sharp and pebbly on my bare feet, and the seaweed etc slimy on my bare legs - and then after all that, you get completely covered in sand! 

Give me a nice indoor pool with accompanying sauna and jacuzzi any day. Having said that I do love to sit and watch and listen to the sea - just not go in it!



I am so with you Ms. Lawless.  



I'd rather take a flying leap than step into the ocean.  

I've heard what's in those scary waters.




How would you go camping - sleeping bag under the stars, tent, trailer, fancy RV, or a hotel with room service?

As you may have gathered from my answer to the pool vs sea question, I am not massively

outdoorsy. I was taken camping as a child and stepped out of my tent the first morning to greet the dawn and stepped barefoot onto a half-eaten dead rabbit. I spent the rest of the long weekend obsessively washing my foot.


I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience.  
I understand why you like boots now.



I think it would be safer if I checked into a hotel with all the frills, however I wouldn't say no to a proper 


'glamping experience' - just maybe not for longer than two nights... and I would wear shoes, all the time.




One last question.  A goat walks through your door right now wearing a cowboy hat.  What does he say and why is he there?

"I'm so sorry, which way to the racecourse?" If he's wearing a hat in lovely Regency Cheltenham, he's obviously off to the races.


He'll need a pashmina though to cover those shoulders, or they may not let him in!!



You must know some posh goats Ms. Lawless, I thought the only goats allowed at the racecourse were those racing.  I must expand my circle of friends, obviously.



Erin Lawless will write for
Written Fireside: His Way Home 
Part 10 on January 21st


Erin's debut book, The Best Thing I Never Had
is available on Amazon now.


If you’re a fan of Mhairi McFarlane’s You Had Me at Hello or David Nicholls’ One Day, then you will love our new acquisition from contemporary romance author Erin Lawless!

Miles and Nicky are getting married. Unfortunately, their wedding party is a tangle of ex-housemates, ex-friends and ex-lovers. So this wedding isn’t just a wedding, it’s a reunion. Can anything be salvaged from the past? And what really happened between them all, back at university?

Find out in this wonderful contemporary romance.



Reviews:

‘One of the most engaging books I’ve read this year. I loved it’ – Books with Bunny

‘A superb debut about complicated ties, betrayal and lies, and one of my favourite books of the year.’ – ChickLit Club

‘Friendships, trust, lies, deceit, love and so much more – a real page-turner for me!!’ – Cosmochicklitan

‘The Best Thing I Never Had was mind-blowingly good and everyone should read it’ – ChickLitReviews

‘This book was so incredibly amazingly awesome that I want to shout it from the hilltops and make ALL my friends buy it this instant!!’ – The Chiq Blog


About Erin:

I live a happy life full of wonderful friends, in love with a man who buys me books instead of flowers. To mix things up a little, I write books where friends and lovers hit obstacles and (usually) overcome them. When I’m not doing that I read absolutely everything I can get my hands on, spend an inordinate amount of time in pyjamas and run a fun-but-informative blog on British history. 


Follow Erin Lawless online

WEBSITE ~ FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ GOODREADS    

Thanks for stopping by Erin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...